Ingredients: 225g Strong plain white flour. 1 x 6g Sachet easy blend (micro-fine) yeast. 150ml Warm water. 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Extra flour (for kneading) if required. 6 Tablespoons grated cheese.
Equipment: Mixing bowl. Wooden spoon. Teaspoon. Measuring jug. Tablespoon. Grater.
How to make it:
- Put all the dry ingredients, except the cheese, into the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Make a 'well' in the centre of the dry ingredients and add all the warm water and olive oil. With a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients to a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until it has a silky, elastic and smooth texture. (The dough should not be stiff or it will rise very slowly and produce a 'leaden' result.).
- Divide the dough into 6 portions. Shape each into a round, encapsulating a tablespoon of grated cheese in the middle.
- Flatten the rounds, cook on a hot griddle, then place under a hot grill until browned.